Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Children need to be taught the values from the very beginning, guided through the maze of this intriguing world with a strong hand.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
- It is a multicuisine restaurant and they have a special brunch on sundays from 12.30. Its a poolside restaurant with good ambience.
- For the drinks they have smoothies, fruit juices,wines,beer,martini etc.
- In the starters.......a lot of variety in different breads, cheese, kababs,momos and all in veg and non veg both plus a chat counter with usual items like-aloo tikkis,dahi papri,moong daal pakora, golguppas.
- In the main food---veg----chole,lehsuni spinach,aloo tamatar ( very ordinary), ma ki daal, paneer, gobhi tehri (very good), plain boiled rice, with many types of papad ,stuff paranthas and naan. I liked gobhi tehri and stuff paranthas and yes dahi bhalla.
- Desserts---here the variety is their forte, it has---indian sweets like-baalushahi, gajar halwa, rabri,firni, something like shahi tukda, all different smoothies, then in the bakery section a multitude of cakes and pastries and fresh fruits also and icecream. I liked gajar halwa best and then balushahi.
- yes they have different type of salads also and in the end one can opt for coffee.
- Damage to the purse----1210/net per person
It is on the binny road just besides Spencer plaza. Service is very good but I would prefer if the seating is more spacious .Chat counter is hopeless. Without coriander chatney chat is never complete and moong daal pakora taste better if server hot & crisp, but here they serve with chatney and all put together, so its soggy. Kababs are also very soft while they should be crisp.
- Indian sweet gujhia ------- top it with Rabri ( milk made thick by boiling over and added with sugar, cardamom, dry fruits )---makes a delicious dessert. For choclate lovers, one can top it with choclate sauce.
- Gulabjamun------cut them into two halves-----put some cream on the flat surface and half a cherry in the centre-----looks as yummy as it tastes.
White rasogullas------ take small size of rasogullas and put them in rabri and heat a little, then chill and serve them .
- Rabri------Cut the fruits ( like cheekoo, oranges, banana, mango , apple ,grapes ) and serve them in rabri------its a very tasty dessert.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Wile Amir khan has belittled himself and shown a very petty side of him, surprising are the blogging of Amitabh bacchan. When he ruled the industry, he never bothered about anything written about him, for a long time he even banned the media,though it was heard even then that he never forgot anything and never forgave anybody.But the way he is today reacting to every line written about him from the crease on Aishwarya's dress to Yamini's write up.shows that he is down from his pedestal and come to the level of lesser mortals and trying to gain popularity through sympathy. Now he should retire from Bollywood grace fully and not spoil his image in the viewers mind
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
There is a weaver in Chennai who weaves sarees in all the natural fibres possible-linen,banana fibre and jute. Even the colours he uses are natural. Sarees can be washed and handled the same way as cotton sarees are used and the sarees are not very expensive even. While linen sarees range from Rs 750/ to Rs 2ooo/ cotton and silk sarees are priced anywhere between Rs550 to 1200.Jute material is Rs 75/ meter and banana fibre sarees start from 550 and go upto Rs 1200.
Today in the market well publicised and hyped boutiques are making a killing in the name of being environment friendly, and this simple man who is so genuinely doing something so environment friendly is not getting much encouragement. So I would like to urge all you people there, if you are interested in buying something natural, you may contact him at:
Sekar - 9842541883 in Chennai
P.S. I read this info in Indian Express.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
It has a story behind it. Long back their mother came to the city with her two sons and started selling dosas for 6 paisa as a source of livelihood. After 25 years she had to reluctantly increase the price to 10 p due to the inflation. now his mother is no more and in her memory the brothers have taken up her job. Their children are well educated and settled now.
Minu Reddy says----We are not interested in developing the business or increasing the profit, as this is our way of serving people---What a noble thought -----he can teach a lesson to many of our in dustrialists and people with abundance who are never satisfied, always keep increasing the profitability even it makes the commodities not affordable for common man.
Just wish we had more of his tribe and may god bless him with everything !
Friday, May 16, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
For North Indian vegetarian food we have:
- Tadka: on road no 10 banjara hills--on the same road where apollo hospital is there in jubliambience is typically hyderabadi and good and preparation is also very good.
- Ohri's outlets: at Hyderabad central and big bazar ameerpet--here even combo meals are very good, we have tried ma ki daal, stuff parantha, raj kachori etc.
- Olive Garden: Its in madhapur, a small restaurant with tasty dishes,and Ok sitting
- Sahib Singh Sultan-at Citi centre
For South Indian food:
- Best is Malgudi: it is in Kukatpally and begumpet, here the ambience is very good and so is the food and service.
- Another good one is Amravati in madhapur, both these place serve authentic south indian fare, their thali is specially good but available only for lunch and no Idli dosas in usual style (only kara dosa and all )
- For Idli dosa and other south indian snacks the best one is Chutney in panjagutta, here idli is best. Rates are medium and ambience is OK
- There is one Udupi at Charminar, and the restaurant at Yaatri Niwas Paradise,then Swagat in Ameerpet, Ruchira at madhapur, they are all good.
- I didnt like the food at Taj krishna , but Taj banjara is better,its veg. biryani was best i have tasted
- Mcdonald at Chennai city centre is not much to talk about, they have no life, no variety, but their outlet at Abids is good
- Hyderabad House-I heard so much about it, but for a vegetarian their layout is not apealing and the same can be said about their vegetarian food.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Now these girls dont belong to any uneducated or lower class, they all come from highly educated parents and they are not told to play these games only, but they are choosing it on their own. These girls are not traditionally dressed but in modern clothes-jeans,skirts,lowers and all. so what it is that makes the girl naturally inclined to be a homemaker? It is their natural instinct given to them by god to make a home, to nurture the world, and here we are trying to reverse the nature.Why...............? Will the food made by a boy will be better ,healthier or more appetising? Or the money earned by the women will bring more prosperity and happiness to the family? What is it we are craving for?
All this started with the suppression and domination of woman and now it has changed into a lopsided thought process. Its true that economic independence makes them truely independent, but the real independence comes from the mind. If the man is progressive, then the woman will get equality irrespective of whether they are earning or not. Havent we heard of many well earning women suffering in the hands of inlaws,husbands? Even in old times there were families where inside the house lady was the head, actually the domain were divided between man and woman.
So the need today is for the mothers to teach their sons to respect the female gender and consider them equal, not to teach their daughters to be unwomanlike or be like a man.n trying to be like a man they are accepting that they are inferior to man, whereas god has made them superior
K serials have completely lost their credibility and entertainment value,being just repetitive.Virudh is far better in its storyline,presentation and aesthetic value. It has a very different story line augmented by strong characters playing different roles. It has all the emotions without being melodramatic.I also like Durgesh nandini. Its protagonist Durgesh behaves in a sane manner,not taking cudgels on everybody's behalf, the way all other heroines do.Its both funny and pathetic to see Prerna, Tulsi and Parwati, doing everything in their families despite having a big 'pariwar'. And in the bargain they end up destroying their own marriages !If they cant manage their own husbands and children,how they can look after others? This remains a puzzle to me.
Kasamh Se on Zee TV has lost its charm.Manno bhabhi has left and Jigyasa has been replaced. Jeete Hain Jiske Liye was a good serial but has become monotonous with the focus on Shalini threatening everybody.There are pleasant memories in life that these serials could capture, but they focus only on negativity.I would prefer to see serials that also teach us something-how to decorate homes on low budget,nurture relationships or maintain health.
It is generally accepted that media can make or break a star.And that gossip affects a star's status and market value. The media too gleefully endorses the view.
But two of the biggest stars of our industry have defied the norm and how. First Big B shunned the media and still ruled showbiz for years,infact when his fall came, the media couldnt save him at all. So much for media power.
The second star is Salman Khan. There are stories galore in the press about his so called haughtiness,misbehaviour ,rudeness and what not.He is never praised for his stunning looks,personality or his talent.
He has to his credit more hits than any other star.The point is that he is immensely popular despite a terrible image in the media. So please, give the credit where it's long overdue.
A star is a star,no matter what is written about him
This refers to How To Survive (sep II) , the writer has taken a very important side of relationships and anaysed it in a very realistoc way. Kudos to hiom! In families not only DIL even sons are differntiated> I myself being the elder DIL faced lots of problems and rules and regulations in all the spheres of life, whether important or even trivial things like where to sit,where to go, when to sleep, when to talk. Same happens for the elder son also,he is supposed to have all the duties and no rights,and even after devoting his whole life to his siblings and parents, he is not given the satisfaction of being or brother,still lacking in their eyes.Its like more you do, more you are asked,but with the younger ones, family tends to be on the pampering side and they are lucky to have only rights,no duties.In " the dangers....." writer has written a very6 poignant line--the society which insulates itself...so true,it touched heart, what type of decadent life we are living, without any values,feelings,sensitivity with just the materialistic pleasure at the top of our mind. I hope these type of writeups make people sit up and think.
- This type was more prevalent in earlier generations. Here the most emphasis is on discipline and hierarchy. Parents decide everything about the children from the day they are born, from their name to their hobbies(if at all they are required), their carrier choices( sometimes the choice is their own longing for a carrier which they could not do for any reason and now they want their offspring's to fulfil) to the selection of their life partner and after that their life style. Parent's word is the god's command, and if someone dares to air his opinion even,he/she is persona nongrata, in other words ungrateful child. For them individuality,personal identity are all alien terms.
consequences---- here the children, though they are intelligent but they grow into mostly introverts, with their perceptions quite mixed without any clarity of thoughts, they are principled outwardly as they are brought up with an iron hand, but suspectible to vices,live a life with a medium rate of success and satisfaction, never explore their full potential,always need security in life and they wouldnt make many people happy with their passive and melancholy demeanour.
2----Second type parents are those who bring up their children with a little democracy. Here children are taught the value of money, ethics and discipline from the beginning by the parents by way of their own behaviour and children are given choices with the knowledge of pros and cons of every situation.When they are young they must listen to the parents but be told the reas oning of everything, as they grow, they are given the choices and right to selection, but they must be prepared to face the consequences of their decisions. In the childhood parents are strict regarding their studies, health and character,but lenient where it involves their hobbies and free time.They give them the roots of unstinted support and freedom to their wings to fly higher and higher.
--These are the ideal parents( do they exist? ), and their progeny is well grounded,principled,respecting and caring for their parents and in general quite successful in their personal and professional lives. They will never turn to any vices whatever the temptation as their values will always save them, they are good human beings and a blessing to everyone.
3---The third type of parents are total freedom freaks, they also love their children a lot and give them full freedom from the time they are born, without any firm guidance.They fulfil the needs of te children, for the rest they believe in everybody living his/her own life.neither they are themselves disciplined, nor they teach it to their children, each to his own.They forget that freedom with itlf brings a lot of responsibilities without which we cant have a cohesive society
Consequences---here a lot depends on the children, they may be good or bad, successful or unsuccessful, but they are bohemian in their lifestyle,non conforming to the traditions or conforming when it suits them,indisciplined life brings them lot of dissatisfaction in regard to their health and relationships.Their lifestyle cant bring happiness to others also.
I believe, as somebody has said---children come from you but they are not your property, give them life,not ur thoughts
and man is the arch in the hand of god ( the archer ) , and children are the arrows, the more the arch bends, the faster and far away the arrow goes.
The ideal situation is to ---teach the children values in their childhood and make them follow them with a discipline, and then give them freedom with a guidance when they grow-up, nurture their individuality and then sit back and enjoy -watching them fly-soaring heights.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
For north Indian Best are Ohri's, their Tadka in Banjaaraq hills is very good in all respects. It has hyderabadi ambiance and very good preparations all of them. Rates are medium, but worth every penny, their outlet at hydersbad central is also very good, and has got all cuisines, lots of varieties, mini menu and all. In madhapur Olive garden is also Ok