Friday, August 7, 2020

Covid lessons

 This covid situation has changed so many of my lifetime beliefs and I have come to understand that nothing is permanent. Few of my convictions that changed..

I firmly believed in living independently and anywhere in the country, not going to your home state back. But the way I feel the helplessness without my children near is epic and I realised that one hasin this situation being senior citizen we can’t go out to get any essential item, medical help is also not easily accessible available and maids are not allowed. All these restrictions have made life so insipid and frustrating, feels like not alive any more.

Second thing I realised that today friends are only there for fun time. In this initially everyone was so scared, still is and nobody bothered about others, it was our employees only who helped us. So looking for anddepending on friends is also useless, better live near your siblings. Then one has some moral and physical support and that is possible only if you go back to your home state.

Then it is also important to have a good governance in your state. Initially we had no facilities for getting essentials at our home, whereas in some states govt was looking after that very efficiently 

What do you think?

7 comments:

Jeevan said...

You’re somehow true overall! But for us there aren’t any difficulties in getting groceries and medicines as the shops are nearby. I don’t know where u live in Chennai and the situation that put in difficulties in getting essentials.

Take care

Renu said...

Jeevan: yes shops are there but being senior citizen we are advised not to go out.

SG: sorry, I saw your comment and by mistake it went to spam, and I don’t know how to retrieve.. with this new interface I m quite uncomfortable.

Shilpa said...

The second paragraph is 200 percent true .nobody cares for anyone . I wish you find a better way to manage everything and stay safe . Much love to you . This too shall pass .dont worry

Destination Infinity said...

That's quite true about friends - they want to share mostly good times with us. But on the whole, the culture of distrust that is taking over, I feel.

Destination Infinity

Renu said...

Shilpa! Thank u so much! We are managing fine due to my husband’s office support. And yes this too shall pass, but I wish people were more caring.

Destination infinity: when we started our journey of life in late 70’s, friends were very supporting and caring, that went of fir 20 yrs and then these qualities started going down the hill.

Amrita said...

Oh! I understand what you are saying. But things are different for different people. Some like minded people have a lot of support since they network well. But yes these are testing times indeed :( Your situation sounds very difficult.

Renu said...

Amrita: since nobody knows much about covid and it’s treatment is isolation, people are really scared here, more so since they don’t trust health services here.

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...