Sunday, November 13, 2022

Musings of a disillusioned soul

 Now a days I am in my hometown, and meeting lot of people here and I observed that now a days people maintain relationships only for fun or for sake of fun. There is no depth or any social protocol about it.

Personally I am a person who has no facade and I can’t maintain sweetness for the sake of it. I may be friendly with only few persons but that will be real and in all conditions and situations  I will be there,

But I see many people young and old, who are always extra sweet and show niceties today and gone tomorrow, or when you want them to ask your whereabouts or welfare, you wouldn’t find them anywhere. But again they will appear at their own convenience and with an attitude that there is no difference as if nothing happened..

And all this irritates me a lot and I get stressed a lot and not able to reconcile my self with this way of living..

For me all relationships, be it friends or relations should be genuine, specially at my age I don’t want and need to suffer such fakes, can’t understand how could someone be happy with this way of living. But I think this is new world where instant enjoyment, satisfaction and fun are only important thing in life, not ethics, honesty or integrity. Today every one wants money at any cost and then they want better houses , cars , travels all materialistic pleasure, not much thought is given to finer aspects of life. A life lived with values is more important and brings infinite satisfaction, but alas, not many people want to think in this direction.

People are respected for their monetary acquisitions not for their character , education or intellect.

Sad state of affairs today!

  

6 comments:

SG said...

Agree with you 100%. Would like to know the name of your hometown.

Renu said...

SG: Thanks! It’s in UP Rampur

Amrita said...

I am like you, I maintain relationships only when I feel genuinely connected to the person. But probably because of that I do not come across many fake people. I would be able to distance myself from such people quite quickly and make sure our paths never crossed :)

Shilpa said...

Absolutely agree with it . I am young but with an old soul I guess . I remember even my parents had genuine friends who were like family those days . Today me and my husband do not find people like that probably 2,3 that’s it . This is not or nobody fault . It’s the fault of the opposite side . So what I saying is for me from the age of 15 itself I had noticed this and always had very few friends who are genuine. I am not joining with anyone who comes in between . That doesn’t work at all

Renu said...

Amrita: even I never have a big circle in friends but one can’t choose family, I find many people like this in my extended family , in-laws .

Renu said...

Shilpa: People sometime find me critical of everyone because most of the people are like that and don’t feel like maintains relationships with them , even if they are my or my husband’s siblings. I can never be close to unethical persons.

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...