Friday, May 7, 2021

Part 2

 I think in my last post I was not able to put myself clearly because some got the idea that I m suggesting one shouldn’t look after the parents. How could I say that? I m all for good moral values in every thing in life. 

What I am saying is that today due to longevity I see in many houses one invalid parent at least and not everybody can afford to have maids looking after them, I know it , I kept in Chennai for day time and she charged 750/ a day,in the night my hubby took care, though he was working in day from 8 to 7 full time, so the situation is quite grim which nobody realised unless they have to face it, And one needs to find a solution to keep sane.

And in that free discussion is very important in family and in society also, everyone loves parents but there.comes a time in life when you can’t do everything yourself because you are not physically strong enough to do that however u want to do it.

So we must realise that when one reaches retirement , one should be free of all responsibilities, be it children or parents. If anyone still needs you, try to settle them..

For parents also save  from day one , like you save for all other things and then when the time comes , set them in a good care., there are many such places now a days, quite professional and even elderly get better care than at home

2 comments:

SG said...

It is a good idea to set them in a good care for a fee. But the problem is the society will bad mouth the children as if they have abandoned their parents. What I am saying is to hell with them.

Renu said...

SG: Exacty! Society is always going to say something. My purpose of sharing this experience is because of this only, I don’t want children to be blamed or judged. I wouldn’t like to see my children that way.

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...