Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Yeh Jawani ha diwani

I saw Yeh Jawani Ha Diwani.. recently and just loved it.Basic requirement of any love story is that  audience must root for them, feel pain at their separation and happy at their union, same I felt in Ek Tha Tiger,Jab We Met, Silsila DDLJ and many more but didnt feel in Jab Tak Ha Jaan Shahrukh and Katrina had no chemistry at all even in their love scenes,They were looking more like brother and sisters.

Come back to YJHD..it has good songs and dialogues are the best point here.RK and Deepika both are excellent in their roles and over all movie is very entertaining.Kalki is so natural in her role and for the first time I saw that a girl doesnt go back to her good for nothing BF and marries someone solid.

Whereas in JTHJ..they try to validate a married woman's wandering soul...Katrina's mom has an arranged marriage and feel disenchanted.Instead of making her marriage work, she falls in love outside marriage and leaves are her daughter and goes away..and its love glorified, whereas I find her an uncaring wife and mother ..a wanton woman. If she was unhappy, either she could make efforts towards making it happy or should have taken a divorce and then looked for something else..this breed of woman who are unfaithful but still in marriage, totally repel me....they look for love outside marriage and when they are totally sure of they they get out...this is not a fair deal......Most of the directors know that audience like mushy romances, so they encourage this idea, and on the contrary father who devotes his full life to his only daughter is shown in bad light...which is totally unfair..

In YJHD..one more thing I liked that here was a father who wanted his son to fulfil his dream, live the life the way he want and have the courage to sacrifice something in life to fulfil that.I dont like clinging emotional parents who emotionally blackmail their children and dont let them fly.




15 comments:

SG said...

Nice commentary. I agree,

Found In Folsom said...

Hmm...thinking of watching that movie this week..:)

sm said...

Yeh Jawani Ha Diwani havent seen
nice review

hamaarethoughts.com said...

haven't seen the movie yet so cant say much ...but songs are cool!!

Renu said...

SG: Thanks:)

Found in Folsum: go for it.you will enjoy..

sm:For the first time I saw a new movie

harman singh;..songs are catchy..

Rama Ananth said...

I to want to see YJHD, but my husband will not like such movies and I don't have company to go and watch in the theater.Did oyu see that Rani Mukerjee movie Bombay Talkies, I wanted to see that also, but I think it has gone off from the theaters.
Have to wait for these kind of movies to be shown in the TV.
Nice review, it helps people to decide whether to go or not.
I believe the picturisation was brilliant in this movie.

Jyoti Mishra said...

Lovely space you have Mam..
thanks for visiting me and giving me the opportunity to land here.. :)

hope to see each other more..
Take Care !!

Gouri Guha said...

Haven't seen the movie, can see it after reading your views.

deeps said...

you have got it all here... now how do you expect me to watch it? :D

Rama Ananth said...

Saw YJHD and really enjoyed the movie, the songs, the acting everything.I really liked Deepika Padukone in this movie very much.

Renu said...

Rama; I also watch all the movies on TV only, this one I got to see because of my daughter:)..it was real fun..

Jyoti: sure Jyoti..and it was pleasure to see your space.

Gauri Guha: I am sure that you would like it..

deeps..Deep.you will enjoy it more now..believe me:)

rama: Deepika is my fav. heroine and in this movie all other things were also good and Ranbir perfect..

Ashwini C.N.: Absolutely..I dont like encashing the children that way or making them feel guilty even..

Rahul Bhatia said...

Maybe I should see this one !

Ramakant Pradhan said...

Have been hearing a good bit of the movie. Unfortunately, in my hometown where I am at the moment, the movie didn't last more than a week in the theatres. Will need to wait till I am back in B'lore to watch it.

Kanupriya said...

Farooq Shaikh was brilliant even if it was just a short role. Loved his character as well as performance.

Renu said...

Rahul Bhatia: :)

Ramakant Pradhan:May be till then it may go off in Banglore too:)

Kanupriya: yes Kanu, he was brilliant and so lovable...

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...