It is very disappointing to see that we have so many billionaires , million ares but nobody ( leave aside a few like Tatas and M& M) has come forward to help. And what about our bollywood.....nobody has bothered to think beyond box office and their own earnings.The need of the time is to be generous, if all big industrialist com forward, we can rebuild Uttarakhand area within a few months. and the main focus should be on locals who lost their homes, their business everything.
And after all this I thought what any person individually can do in the long run.,,,
- Pilgrimages are for once in a life time, today if anyone can afford they want to go everywhere every year and put a strain on the infrastructure of that place.. and its considered faith and belief in God..To worship god and see him we dont need to go there everywhere, he is in our heart and home and in every human being.We must not make them crowded by going frequently. And if we can , then very old and children need not to go there as its not a picnic spot.
- constructing a vacation home in hills should be discouraged, as for the luxury of a few, many of the locals are suffering due to rampant construction.We must not look for a vacation home there.
- Hills should be preserved in their natural way..no more comfortable roads till the top for affluent, Horses should be the for of conveyance as they dont need broad roads and it will increase employment too..of course road are needed to connect the places, but not for sight seeing.
- Inflow of tourists must be monitored according to the infrastructure of that place.
- Everything local should be preserved and encouraged,be it food or other items..no more fancy shops.For that we must eat the local fruits and cuisine and buy only local products from there.