Sunday, June 19, 2016

Attire

This post is spurred by Shilpa's comment on my last post:). Actually i always wonder that when people go abroad they always change their way of dressing. Those who start living there, it may be out of necessity also, but for a short trip I dont understand the reason. Either they are not happy wearing what they wear here or..dont know what. For me i am the same person wherever i go. I wear what I like and find comfort in..So many times people suggest me to make new clothes when I am going out, but I  dont. Though i wear cotton only, still i wear the same. When i wear sarees there at festivals and special occasions, I get so many ooh and aahs and wows..even from my generation, because most of them go either for salwar kameez or jeans and top.

Attire for me is completely a comfort equation...whatever I feel good in, I wear,cant wear anything for the sake of fashion only. Yes one thing I take care that my choices should never embarrass my family:)..For me.yes clothes make a person, but what is inside thats more important

14 comments:

indu chhibber said...

Totally agree with you Renu.Nice post.

J P Joshi said...

Agree with you that one must dress up in what one is comfortable with. However, my experience tells me that Indian clothes don't take too easily to the washer and dryer abroad; they tend to shrink/ loose colour, and so one has to avoid using them there, if one is on an extended stay. Dry cleaning is an effort, and expensive too, specially if one is converting Rupees in to Dollars or Euros.

Sujatha Sathya said...

If it's a pleasure trip, then we tend to feel more free. Plus, I guess the thrill of being in a new country ....actually, I haven't been to many countries so I wouldn't know for sure :)

Amrita said...

Totally agree.... Some,times being abroad might remove some inhibitions and one might feel like trying an outfit one feels shy to wear at home.
But otherwise... There are some clothes that suit us and we look best in and it's best to stick to them. My mother too gets compliments for her colourful Indian dresses. I always feel if people from over the world be it Middle East, Africa or Far East can flaunt their dresses and accent, why should we be ashamed of Indian attire or Indian accent?

sm said...

yes fully agree with you.
What cannot do here in India they do it abroad.
Hidden desires come out in freedom for many.

Shilpa said...

I am so happy that you have mentioned my name here . Thanks a lot ! I loved the salwar and I always admire wen I see people being the same . I was born and brought up abroad but I had 12 pattu pavadai with me . Silk sarees are a must . I counted last time and I have 43 . I love cotton . I definitely would raise up my kids with all the beautiful culture of my country . Not for other to praise me but to enjoy the beauty and simplicity of it ! Thanks again . Take care :)

Shilpa said...

I still wear sarees and salwars when I go for parties and I stay unique . I have some fan following for my sarees :) I wear only cotton and silk sarees . My husband calls me you are a costly wife :) !!

Shilpa said...

True :)

Shilpa said...

I agree ! Indian attire is always beautiful

Linda said...

I wear what I feel comfortable in and enjoy wearing, wherever I go.

Sandhya said...

I agree with you, Renu! I wear salwar or saree comfortably anywhere. Anyway, we wear long coats if it is cold and it covers everything!

Unknown said...

Hey Renu,

Completely agree with you.. Also I love your writing... Can we please connect on 8860321188 or on puruarora@gmail.com I have something else in Mind..which I want to talk about

KParthasarathi said...

There cannot be hard and fast rules on this matter.It should be left to individuals to do what one wishes and not make a fetish of the dress one wears.

Ruminating Optimist said...

To get the full experience of the new country you are visiting, isn't it a good idea to do it the way they do? Wearing what you are comfortable in is certainly important, but trying out new things is equally exciting for many, if not all.

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...