- In my childhood, there wasnt electricity everywhere, and first time when we got it....it was.....oh lala:), now just switch it on and u have light..no lanterns and candles.
- Then we used to have hand pumps, one had to work to get water even, and first time when we got this tap connection, I was so thrilled,.
- We used to go to Ganga Ghat by Bullock cart.....yeah believe me, I had many bullock cart rides, cemented roads and transport came much later......
- First time when i heard from my Mausi that they have TV and everyday sunday they watch movie at home......felt so envious...see how lucky they are(in those days TV reception was limited to big cities only) and i was a movie addict from my childhood. and then Asiad turned everything into colorful panorama.
- Now the desire turned to VCR..and I thought that once i have it we wont need to go out to halls and all, it will be real fun, and yes initially it was fun, but then everything becomes routine.
- I used to get 10 paisa per day to spend, (of course all the expenses were taken up by parents, it was only for munching something in School) and it was sufficient for us, Myself and my sister never demanded more, only once my Chacha(uncle) said...(ours was a joint family).....we must increase it to 12 paisa he called it..mehangai bhatta..hehe---Dearness allowance in corporate language:), compare to the pocket money today.......and we were the happy lot..no dissatisfaction at all:)
This is the way life goes on....first mobile then Ipod , now I phone......and the things will keep coming and we shall keep running after them, the point is that these are only accesories to a life, not the life itself. Things come and go,its only the people in our life who remain there, so----
Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.