Sunday, September 12, 2010

PEEPLI LIVE

This movie has generated so much of interest that it was a must for a movie addict like me to see it..asnd thats what I did:)..............................This is about two brother..farmers who cant pay loan to thebank, and when the bank decides to auction their land they go to a landlord for some loan. He makes fun of them and then one of his aid says that he has heard about a scheme of govt where govt sanctions one lakh ruppess to the farmer's family if he commits suicide.And when they are not able to find any respite from anywhere, elder brother manipulates younger one to do suicide..and from here the drama starts.how English channel people first deride rural news, then once they air, all others follow and be it channels, ministers or local politicians, everybody wants to get a mileage out of it, nobody is bothered either about farmers or the person's life,his family.Itas a great comment on our media, govt and police.
First half is very good, but second half just stretches, may be because story line is very thin.Actors have raised this movie above par...and best is Omkar.one who is going plans to commit suicide and then their mother's dialogues are superb..so natural.And his wife, she is excellent in her portrayal of a no nonsense person who may be poor but is prudent.

But this movie clearly shows how big names association helps a movie.

ISHQIYA:...in the last year, there has been a spurt in movies with rural back ground, not that I am complaining, they deserve it too, as our majority lives there.This is the movie about two small town thieves.Naseeruddin shah and Arshad warsi, who cant pay a loan to Nasser's BIL and they are given 15 days time to recover. They find a refuge in the house of Varma(illegal arms dealer)'s house.His wife.Vidya Balan attracts both and then involves them in kidnapping an owner of steel factory who was associated with her husband and then everything goes wrong.......
They have absorbed the ambiance of eastern UP very well, and language reminds me of my hometown so much:)...Arshad Warsi is good, but I was disappointed with Naseeruddin shah, he is my favourite actor, but here he is lack lustre. Its Viday Balan who is excellent, she has done the role with a great abandon....
All in all movie is just OK,not very entertaining  in the first half.

Sleepless in Seattle...This one is so much like Indian movies where a man marries an unknown girl:), liked it for the child and Tom Hank who is looking so innocently handsome.

Curious case of Benjamin button.....very good and has a totally unique story.

Few Good Men....I saw Shaurya also, but Tom cruise and Demi Moore are much more impressive than Rahul bose and Minisha Lamba.


Disclosure...its Indian adaptation Aitraaz is much better, actors and otherwise both..Akshay, Kareena and Priyanka..this trio looked good.

Sixth Sense...Very good, the child and Bruce Willis both and entertaining too...Indian Adaptation.Hum Tum aur Ghost was also good.

19 comments:

Urmi said...

Happy Ganesha Chaturthi to you and your family. Hope Lord Ganesha brings happiness and peace in your life.
Wonderful post. Liked it very much.
http://urmi-z-unique.blogspot.com/
http://amazing-shot.blogspot.com/

SG said...

Thanks for the excellent review. Looks like a nice movie.

PNA said...

Not that I absolutely love Sleepless in Seatle, but I love the pair of Hanks and Ryan.

Yet to watch Peepli and Isqiya and Dabangg too :P So many in the to watch list

Good Day Renu

chitra said...

You are really a movie buff. Liked your reviews.

chitra said...

Hope my comment got posted.

Gouri Guha said...

I am yet to see Peepli Live. And now Dabang making so much news.
Nice reviews.

Amrita said...

Yea i am most curious about Peepli Live.. hope to catch it soon

neelima garg said...

Peepli Live is good ...it has raised an issue....

Kanupriya said...

Wow, so you watched so many movies recently, gr8 :). personally liked all the movies listed here except for Disclosure.

Bikram said...

Good review I have toi watch Pipli live have got very good reviews about it ... Thanks for making my mind :)

I liked Ishqiya especially the turn of events in end and naseer and ARshad are two such Good actors , I am a fan of Both

Bikram

Chandrika Shubham said...

I liked Peepli live. The character of old woman is impressive.

Enjoyed watching it and reading this post also. :)

Deeps said...

have seen peepli live in bits and pieces and liked whatever I saw. Ishqiya too..I just loved the chemistry bet Arshad Warsi and Naseeruddin shah more than anything else.

Sleepless in Seattle is an all time favorite of mine :)

Shaurya is nowhere close to A Few Good Men. AFGM is a far superior film!

Tomz said...

I read in another blog about Peepli Love. The blogger commented that he wants to get a national award for this movie

Renu said...

SG:..:)

PNA:To watch list keeps increasing:)

Chitra: I prefer movie to soaps:)

Gauri Guha:..now atleast we have some diffrent type movies too.

Amrita:..its an issue based movie, but got so much of hype because of Amir Khan, otherwise summer of 2007bwas also good and so was well done Abba.

Neelima Garg:.They have raised an ssue, would have been better if they suggested some remedies also.

Kanupriya:..:), even I didnt like disclosure, I dont like Michael Douglas:)

Bikramjit: Ishqiya was different..but something was missing..Naseeruddin shah is a favourite of mine too:)

Chandrika Shubham..Oh that old oman was fantastic:) she always brought a smile.

Deeps:.Shaurya cant stand with FGM mainly because of actors.

Tomz: today national awards and padamshrees could be awarded to anyone, atleast this movie has some worth..more than national awards.

Haddock said...

Out of these, I have seen Peepli and Sixth sense.
Liked the direction by Shyamlee, as for Peepli its a real master piece.
I liked it so much that I have written a post on Peepli.

starry said...

Thanks for the review.I enjoyed seeing sixth sense and would love to see it again.yes sleepless in Seattle was like an indian movie.I loved A few good men.

dr.antony said...

Nasruddin was my favorite too.the problem with our actors is that thy get stale with time.Stick to their mannerisms,and would not adapt to their characters.Basically,the fault lies with the directors.
If you like Tom Hanks,you must watch "Forrest Gump", and then " The Road to Perdition ". They will be lessons for our so called super heroes.

Mana said...

Tagged u :)

Renu said...

Haddock:..and here I write about evrything I see good or bad:)

Starry: These are all the good movies, and I loved the main couple in FGM:)

Dr. Antony: I also think as you said..fault lies with the directore. These two movies <I have added to my to watch list:)

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...