Wednesday, June 18, 2014

588 RUE PARADIS

Lately I have been quite busy and read so much , saw so much that so many things are going in my mind, and I just cant sync my thoughts to share:)..it always happens with me, I am never able to sift thru....and loose everything....

yesterday I saw..588 RUE PARADIS..its a french movie..but true blue classic...I loved it so much that i am going to watch it again. It is the story of an Armenian poor boy whose mother is a seamstress, and brings him up with lots of love. He grows up to be a famous play wright,marries , has children, then when his father dies, he buys a big house for his mother about which she used to dream, settles her there with all the comfort..
Beauty lies in the way he treats her mother..with so much tenderness, care, love and respect..I got tears in my eyes..the only thing which rankled me was that his marriage crumbled..why couldnt he have a happy marriage and still care for his parents?.

So many scenes were there , exactly like what happens in India...man earns and works hard, but in his own home, his parents are humiliated, he cant be friendly to his childhood friends,they are down graded,and wife entertains her relatives, her parents every whim is fulfilled....man keeps quite either because he is a coward, or he wants to keep his marriage, the day he opens his mouth, marriage goes out.....sounds so cliche, but it happens,I wish so much that all this changes, and we have some balance in life, may not have an ideal equation,but some harmony comes.

10 comments:

anilkurup59 said...

French movies, generally the European (East) movies have a feel about them. It is not surprising that you were awed. One recent reminder is the French flick, “LA Amour”.
The plot of the story you mentioned reminds me of a comment one of my niece’s said about me and my mother who lives with me. Since my wife is away these days but for few days in a month it has been mother and son together. She, gets along with my wife so well and they love and respect each other. The verbal duels and disagreements that I have with her are now talk. I often feel I must relent and let her have her way. BTW my niece said we are like Tom and Jerry.
I guess one need a lot of patience with an independent woman of 82 who does all chores by herself.

Bikram said...

now that does sound like India :)

Bikram

SG said...

Thanks for the nice review.

Avada Kedavra said...

Sounds like an interesting movie. Haven't heard about it before.

Amrita said...

Sounds interesting

Renu said...

Anil: I like world movies..specially european ones..even chines ones..

I envy your wife....Its a big privilege in life if you get such people who are friendly to you..Patience is all fine, but to be friendly you need certain compatibility and consideration too...

Bikram: Oh Bikram..you should see it..its a typical north Indian scenario:)

SG: welcome!

Avada Kedavra:..its very interesting..it has Omar shariff as actor..

Amrita: it is:)

Rama Ananth said...

Nice review, will try to see it in Youtube.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a very interesting film that shows not just incidents, but the emotions of the characters.

Sandhya said...

I have noted down the name of the movie. Would love to watch it.

Renu said...

Rama Ananth:..I saw it on TV only:)

proactiveindian.com:I have seen that european movies are more about emotions than gizmos.

Sandhya: I am sure you would like it.

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...