Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DONT MESS WITH MOM:)

My son came home from school one day, with a smirk upon his face.
He'd decided he was smart enough, to put me in my place.
"Guess what I learned in Civics Two,
that's taught by Mr. Wright?
It's all about the laws today,
The "Children's Bill of Rights."

It says I need not clean my room,
don't have to cut my hair.
No one can tell me what to think, or speak, or what to wear.
I have freedom from religion,
and regardless what you say,
I don't have to bow my head,
and I sure don't have to pray.
I can wear earrings if I want,
and pierce my tongue & nose.

I can read & watch just what I like,
and get tattoos from head to toes.
And if you ever spank me,
I'll charge you with the crime.
I'll back up all my charges,
with the marks on my behind.

Don't you ever touch me,
my body's only for my use,
not for your hugs and kisses,
that's just more child abuse.

Don't preach about your morals,
like your mama did to you.
That's nothing more than mind control,
And it's illegal too!

Mom, I have these children's rights,
so you can't influence me,
or I'll call Children's Services Division,
better known as C.S.D. "

Of course my first instinct was To toss him out the door
But the chance to teach a lesson made me think a little more.
I mulled it over carefully,
I couldn't let this go.

A smile crept upon my face,
he's messing with a pro.
The next day I took him shopping
at the local Goodwill Store I told him,
"Pick out all you want,
there's shirts & pants galore.
I've called and checked with C.S.D.,
who said they didn't care
if I bought you K-Mart shoes instead of those Nike Airs.
And I've canceled that appointment to take your driver's test.

The C.S.D. is unconcerned so I'll decide what's best.
" I said "No time to stop and eat, or pick up stuff to munch.
And tomorrow you can start to learn to make your own sack lunch.
Just save that raging appetite,
and wait 'til dinner time.
We're having liver and onions,
a favorite dish of mine."

He asked "Can I please rent a movie,
To watch on my VCR?"
"Sorry, but I sold your TV,
for new tires on my car.
I also rented out your room,
you'll take the couch instead.
The C.S.D. requires just a roof above your head.
Your clothing won't be trendy now,
and I'll choose what we eat.
That allowance that you used to get,
will buy me something neat.
I'm selling off your jet ski,
dirt-bike & roller blades.
Check out the "Parent's Bill of Rights,
" It's in effect today!
Hey hot shot, are you crying,
and why are you on your knees? Are you asking God to help you out, instead of C.S.D.?"

17 comments:

Bikram said...

he he he :) nice one I bet he knows now ..

Bikram's

hamaarethoughts.com said...

cANT READ UR BLOG!
may be you need to align it properly!

Rachna said...

Funny :).

Bhagyashree said...

Even I can't read the entire post

Arti said...

I second Harman's thoughts. There is some problem with formatting, cant read the content..please check.

Ellen said...

Gee, where is the rest of the text? :-(

Sandhya said...

Only one line is there in the post, Renu! Something is wrong!

sm said...

hi
cant read the post.
only one line is there.

Sujatha Sathya said...

messing with the pro he sure was :DD

haha need to copy paste this into my file for my future use. just in case my daughter too one day comes up with her CSD smartness :))

Renu said...

sorry friends, I couldnt rectify the mistake earlier.however I tried, so I asked my daughter to do it and thanks to her now its aligned properly.

Tassu said...

What? Do you write poems too?! It all rhymed so well :) You taught the lesson in the most appropriate way possible.

SR said...

Hi Renu, Good one! long time since I have been around the blogs..am catching up now :)

Bhagyashree said...

Thats nice :)

sm said...

excellent take
child right and parent right
like the way you presented it.

Ramakrishnan said...

Hilarious Stuff. You have taken the bull by its horns -ROTFL. Regards Ram

Reflections said...

Hahahaaa....tht was funny;-D

Neha said...

Amazing read! You wrote this? It is really nice.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving kind words :)

Wish you a fantastic New Year!

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...