- .The most thoughtful among us conclude at last that personal success must exist inside it if it is to exist at all.The first constant factor is purpose. Aimlessness is the worst enemy of success.In growing up each of us must learn sooner or later that everyday is not Christmas and so every effort cant be crowned in glory.
- Feeling sorry for yourself and your present condition,is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.Think of all we have to be grateful for and thank god for all our boons and bounties.Stop worrying and start living.
- There are seeds of destruction in all of us that will bear only unhappiness if allowed to grow.
- The practice of blaming others accounts not only for half our failures but also for our failure to cash in on our failure.
- No goal is bad enough but having low goals is worse.and choosing the wrong goals is worst.Hard work is only rarely pleasurable.but conquest -of matter,mind or soul is pleasurable,it is conducive to well being and happiness.
- The longest way round is not always the shortest way home.too often if you wait or travel too long, you never reach home.
- Victory looses its value unless we use it as a means to even greater ends.To succeed means that you may have to step out of the line and march to the sound of your own drummer.
- We frequently use diversions in our lives as a tool to avoid direct confrontation with our innermost feelings, and to avoid accepting total responsibility for who we are and what we do. Our approach is ..outside in. Instead of working on what is going inside us, we try to rearrange things around us.
- The only qualification for success is that you be you, that you utilise whatever combination of talent you posses to the fullest extent possible.Do not spend your life waiting for that big break, dont rely on luck, make your own.The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants is often merely the will to try it and faith to believe that it is possible.
- success in life comes not from holding a good hand but playing a poor hand well.Success is not due to a fortuitous concourse of stars at our birth but to a steady tail of sparks from the grind stone of hard work each day..
- A sense of purpose simplifies life and therefore concentrates our our abilities and concentration adds power.Greatness consists not in the holding of some future office, but really consists in doing great deeds with little means and accomplishment of vast purposes from the private ranks of life.
- To desire is to obtain, to aspire is to achieve. Your vision is the promise of what you shall be one day. Your Ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.
- Use rightly the power to choose.
- Self confidence is more narrowly focused on a particular skill or type of situation, self esteem is deeper feeling that you have about yourself, about your value as a person. Chances are that a person who blows his horn all the time is pretty near to the lower end of the self esteem scale.
- Chronic resentment leads to a self pity because the resentful person feels he is a victim of injustice.
- We make our habits and then they make us.
- A certain amount of pressure is necessary for health. Cowardice stems from clutching desperately for a success we feel we dont deserve. Success means the courage to flow,struggle change,grow and being true to you.
- The parent, who is raising his kid to think the world is going to give him a hug and a kiss everytime he turns around..is killing the kid now.
- A goal is an objective you want to achieve, and plan is a specific way of reaching that goal. without goals and plans you are like a ship set on sail without destination.and above all be flexible, dont hesitate to change your goals or plans, after all you are not adding to pressures of your life, but focus.......(continued)
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
UNIVERSITY OF SUCCESS BY OG MANDINO
I was given this book by Mr. Raman, his choice in books is very eclectic and good too.he only introduced me to Frozen thoughts too.This book has some 50 lessons about success.what and how?.I am chronicling some thoughts expressed by the writer for my future reference, if you are interested you may read them....
Now a days counselling and admissions are going on for colleges, so I see parents fretting around and always talking about reservations and...
Now a days is the season of mothers..yes, dont laugh, wherever you see ,be it face book or whats app or blogs, mothers are being glorified ...
Husband: aaj khane mein kya banaogi?..(.What will you cook today for dinner) Wife: Jo aap kaho..whatevr you want H: Dal ch...
Now a days whenever i open the newspaper i see someone or other felicitating the Olympic winners..Isnt it that we Indians always do over th...