Sunday, September 4, 2011

YAmla Pagla Deewana

this weekend I saw two movies and both were special in their own way.Let me tell you about them.
PYAR KA PANCHNAMMA...when i started watching this one, I thought they should have taken some known faces, but then the the characters grew on me. This is the story of three friends..Rajat, Nishant and Vikrant..all young , working and always thinking that if they had a girl friend, their life would be a bliss, and lo..First Rajat gets one and he says to others...however bad the day may be but when in the evening she hugs me everything becomes fine:) and I am so happy...etc etc, Then Nishant gets a friend who has a boy friend but wants to have a best friend also.modern girls idea of having everything. And Vikrant gets friendly with a girl who has just broken up a 5 year old relationship and still in the process and then she is the type who goes to party with one boy and comes back with another..and now the real life starts....and they see the ugly side of love..how the girls exploit the boys, make them feel like dog and ultimately they have no life ..either the girls are happy or relationship ends, so ultimately they end it...The scene where Rajat bursts is outstanding, movie is so real with all the situations and everything as they happen..the only draw back is that it takes only man's point of view, other point is never shown, all boys are exploited in some way or other, and all girls are mean and calculating.. I.wish that out of three couples at least one was such that girl was good and boy manipulating, would have looked balanced..I laughed so much at some scenes, as I see this type of girls so much like....
girls want to live near and with their parents but dont like if boys want to do so.
They want to control the boys but themselves want to remain independent and need space.
They can humiliate the boys any time but for themselves they need decorum and love  and what not.
They will share everything  about boys with their parents and act according to their advice but say that boys are mama's boys.
and the best thing was when he said..that they sms..I love u, I sms it back, then they sms long messages, dont know how they do their jobs, now should I do my job or reply, both ways I am done..people say behind very successful man there is a women, but behind every unsuccessful man also there is a woman and their no is much greater than the first ones.
It is must see:)

YAMLA PAGLA DEEWANA.This is a comedy without much logic.It is about Sunny deol married to a Canadian and settled in Vancouver .His father Dharmendra took his two month old brother Bobby and ran away and then his mother came to her brothers in Canada and settled there. Dharmendra and Bobby Deol both are con persons and hilarity ensues when Sunny deol goes to India to bring them back. Treatment is very new and fast all with sunny paaji' dhai kilo ka Haath which breaks walls, opens ATMs stops car.and the scenes with his Canadian wife and kids are very enjoyable and sweet.Kulraj is also good as love interest of Bobby.The scenes in Punjab are full of fun as they show the importance of NRI and English over  there..All in all an enjoyable movie with beautiful scenes of Benaras.Bobby Deol has done very well.


17 comments:

AS said...

hello!

yaa, I saw this movie coming on some channel yesterday :)

yes, both the movies are nice :)

chitra said...

Renu, thanks for the comment on my blog . i read your blog but i am unable to post comments as it never gets posted . trying again.

Anonymous said...

I had heard that Pyar ka Panchnama is different than the usual 'boy meets girl' movies. After reading your review, I will be sure to see it! Sounds very interesting...

Bikram said...

Not seen the first one .. But i can see some similaritires with Vikrant .. My Gf was the same went in with one and came out with other .. took ages to recognise :) ooops long distance relations he he hehe ..

The second one I have seen and I loved it and for a change they made the SIKH characters look like sikhs with the Turbans they tied, otherwise in most movies they put ready made turbans and make them look funny ...
loved the movie ..
will watch the first one for sure

Bikram's

Chandni (Chanz) said...

I havent seen the second one.. But Pyaar Ka Panchnama.. Talk about it. I think I am in love with that movie...

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Namaste....
Perhaps the story in which all women hurt men is from a personal experience hence the imbalance and what seem like an unwillingness to show the other points of views, such as you explained and in addition show that some do work out that some men and woman are respectful of each other and can come together and make it work.

thanks for the narration, felt like i saw it.

Take care
Rhapsody
http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

Jon said...

yea... i did heard from a friend tht panchnama was good... to be frank it's been ages since i watched a good hindi one

Sandhya said...

Pyaar ka panchnaama seems to be fun. I will try to watch it! Thanks, Renu!

deeps said...

heyy... thanks for this one... it s as good as review... now do i need to watch them?? :)

Renu said...

AS: I also watch on TV only:)

Chitra: it happens to me also many times..its blogger at fault:).

Manju: yes its totally different..first of its kind.

Bikram:.you are better off without such GF..I really wonder how boys loose their intelligence when they see girls:)

Chanz: me too:)

Rhapsody B: for any relationship to work, both need to work hard.

Jon:This is a very realistic movie..they show it as it happens..no moderation.

Sandhya: try to watch it.you will enjoy:)

deeps: watch the first one.its a must for all young people to see..for boys to beware:) and for girls to take a lesson.

Rachna said...

Haven't seen both the movies, will try to catch the first one.

Amrit said...

I have seen both. PKP is very good. YPD - I did not like it at all except new actress.

Dr Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

saw Yamla Pagla Deewana..was surprised to hear it was one of the hits of the year... as u said..mindless comedy...oh well..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

I saw the second one was very hilarious...
some songs are good..
The girl was a Tv actor before...
she is frm chandigarh...
over all movie I would give 5/10 ..
its shows punjabi culture ...in hilarious way!

Shrutzz said...

Hi Renu, How you doing...am hardly able to sit and watch any movie for 3 hrs these days...hmm...
r u back from your trip?

Renu said...

Rachna: Try.its a unique one.

A;PKP is wonderful .and YPD is ok in parts.

Pythorasan: I am yet to see a movie which is logical, realistic and a hit:)

Harman:..try the fist one:)

Shrutzz;.yeah, I am back from the trip...
Now I am waiting for the good news from you :)

anamika said...

lolz..i know its a illogical movie but not a bad time pass ..isn't?

Ajanta Ellora

 Last week we made a trip to Aurangabad. We had a direct flight from here.we stayed in Lemon tree hotel and liked it. It’s totally value for...