For North Indian vegetarian food we have:
- Tadka: on road no 10 banjara hills--on the same road where apollo hospital is there in jubliambience is typically hyderabadi and good and preparation is also very good.
- Ohri's outlets: at Hyderabad central and big bazar ameerpet--here even combo meals are very good, we have tried ma ki daal, stuff parantha, raj kachori etc.
- Olive Garden: Its in madhapur, a small restaurant with tasty dishes,and Ok sitting
- Sahib Singh Sultan-at Citi centre
For South Indian food:
- Best is Malgudi: it is in Kukatpally and begumpet, here the ambience is very good and so is the food and service.
- Another good one is Amravati in madhapur, both these place serve authentic south indian fare, their thali is specially good but available only for lunch and no Idli dosas in usual style (only kara dosa and all )
- For Idli dosa and other south indian snacks the best one is Chutney in panjagutta, here idli is best. Rates are medium and ambience is OK
- There is one Udupi at Charminar, and the restaurant at Yaatri Niwas Paradise,then Swagat in Ameerpet, Ruchira at madhapur, they are all good.
- I didnt like the food at Taj krishna , but Taj banjara is better,its veg. biryani was best i have tasted
- Mcdonald at Chennai city centre is not much to talk about, they have no life, no variety, but their outlet at Abids is good
- Hyderabad House-I heard so much about it, but for a vegetarian their layout is not apealing and the same can be said about their vegetarian food.